I curate craft and design exhibitions, I’m currently working on two exhibitions with tapestry maker Jennie Moncur and embroiderer Anne Kelly, both due to open this year at Ruthin Craft Centre in Wales.
I recently did a talk ‘Recoding Clay: what is being done in the digital space?’ at the CoCA Restating Clay online ceramics symposium. Last year I was the Guest Judge for the Design Writing Prize for the Design History Society and I talked about design writing on a podcast for them, you can listen to it here.
I have also lectured at my alma mater, the Royal College of Art.
- Under Your Feet: The Contemporary Rug, exhibition at Ruthin Craft Centre, Wales, 6 April – 14 July 2019
- A Clowder of Cats, exhibition at Ruthin Craft Centre, Wales, 3 December 2016 – 12 February 2017
- W is for Wallpaper, exhibition at Ruthin Craft Centre, Wales, 26 September – 22 November 2015
- Unpacking Pollini, Milan Fashion Week, co-curated with Penny Martin and Veronica Ditting, 2013
- Design for a Modernist Childhood, Ernő Goldfinger and the Abbatts, 2 Willow Road, National Trust, 2009
- Recoding Clay: what is being done in the digital space?, CoCA Restating Clay online symposium, March 2021
- Telling Tales on Museums, Byte Confluence, Google Academy, February 2020
- In Conversation with Mr Finch, Yorkshire Sculpture Park, October 2019
- Dryad Handicrafts, House of Illustration, London, September 2019
- Digital collections panel at Museum Tech conference, Museums Association, London, June 2019
- Digital Basics Bootcamp, Museums Association, Manchester, January 2019
- Barron & Larcher, House of Illustration, London, September 2018
- Digital workshop, Nasjonalmuseet for kunst, arkitektur og design, Oslo, Norway, June 2018
- Social media and museums, Ruthin Craft Centre, Wales, May 2018
- Buying Barron and Larcher textiles in the 1930s, Millennium Galleries, Sheffield, November 2017
- Paul and Marjorie Abbatt, Ernő Goldfinger and toys, Bouncing Off the Wall midcentury fair, September 2016
- Wellcome Collection’s Digital Stories, Digikult conference, Gothenburg, Sweden, March 2016
- Charles Hasler and his Graphic Collection, 2 Willow Road, National Trust, London, June 2015
- Museums and games, Group for Education in Museums, London, May 2014
- Social media, V&A / RCA History of Design, Royal College of Art, London, January 2019 & 2020
- Final year exhibition crit, V&A / RCA History of Design, Royal College of Art, London, June 2018